Pond Pictures

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Been very busy lately so I figured I would post a couple IP camera shots from this morning. Everything is growing great. Lots of ducks but they just come and go during the day. Tons of tadpoles, the most I have ever had.

A couple early morning shots with ir lights

Channel01_20150515051201_212.jpg

Female cardinal
Channel02_20150515051239_494.jpg

The ducks gathering for some corn
Channel01_20150515055903_560.jpg

Channel02_20150515055624_469.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I had some tadpoles in my pond and I was so excited. I was away for a week , and they are gone.....I'm sure the koi ate them - darn!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I don't remember seeing that wide WIDE stream, RobAmy! Does it flow into your main pond, where the ducks are, or is that another pond in the stream photo? Maybe you need to do a short video, so we get an idea of your whole layout. I sure would love to see it all. Gorgeous!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I don't remember seeing that wide WIDE stream, RobAmy! Does it flow into your main pond, where the ducks are, or is that another pond in the stream photo? Maybe you need to do a short video, so we get an idea of your whole layout. I sure would love to see it all. Gorgeous!

Thank you and yes the stream flows into the main pond. Here is a picture from last year which shows the entire pond. Also the video shows the stream going into the pond.

pond-jpg.78096

Reaction score
I have some serious pond envy! My favorite bit is the stream. I love how the plants fill in to hide some of the rocks to really give it that 'natural' look.

Reaction score
I think my hardiness zone is 5. I'm in central WV, near the Kanawha River. My winter temps are a little higher than areas nearby. As you can see, I'm new to ponding. Very small scale. My pond is 6' x 6' x 11", which is very shallow, I know. But my workmen didn't think they could get it any deeper w/o dyamite (j/k).

I really get a lot of pleasure from my pond. It's so peaceful and the pump filter sound is soothing. It's beside my porch in the front yard. I have two goldfish (one a fancy-tailed one), a big white/black/gold koi, and a little red-headed organda, who seems to be holding his own.

I got my 3 big koi though last winter with a pond heater, but killed them in spring, tinkering with the water chemicals. I'm learning, but it's very hard on the fish! As well as a heater (which has to replaced every year!), I have 3 underwater lights, a device that tells me when to feed or not to feed, and several ornamental floaters. I had a little glass table that says 'Bloom' that I stuck in the pond on a whim and the fish seem to like hiding under it.

20150628_160833.jpg

Fishwatcher

Fledgling pond and aquatic enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
Australia
I dream of having a natural spring fed pond one day...
my parents live on a farm with a few springs that fow into dams.
the dams are full of fish and life, but I would love something a little more intimate like a pond.

this is my new (6 months) project:
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/small-pond-many-fish.18770

im giving it love so that it looks a little nicer

Ask a Question