pond plant fertiliser

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am after some pond plant fertiliser but not sure which one to get clay ball type or liquid ????
6589.jpg
Growth-Balls-231x320.png

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
any plant fertilizer will work ,they are almost the same thing .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I do use tomato spikes for my lilies - except when I'm repotting, then I'll sprinkle in some Osmocote. I fertilize my lilies on a very strict schedule... basically whenever I think about it and can't pinpoint the last time I did it! haha! I get in the pond about twice a month and get rid of dead and dying lily pads. I'll stick a few tomato spikes in while I'm at it every time - if I feel like it. Or if I didn't forget to grab them before I get in the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not tomato spikes they are for acid loving plants.Last I saw lilies are not acid loving plants .Not that I know of .But plant spikes work great .Depends on what you can get There

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Can you put plant spikes in a pond with fish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Can you put plant spikes in a pond with fish?

Sure. Just be careful as you want to keep the fertilizer IN the plant as much as possible as the same thing that feeds your plant will also feed any algae in your pond. I push it as far down into the roots as I can. By the end of summer, getting anything into my lily pots can be a real challenge!

Ask a Question