Pond Plumbing Help

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to finish setting up my pond this spring.

Can someone suggest the best way to connect a Savio 6500 filter (1 1/2" outlet) to 3" flexible pond hose?

Thanks very much!

Reaction score
savio 6500? Isn't that a pump? Are you trying to connect a pump to hose?

You could simply increase the size of the pump connector with some PVC fittings that you could get at home depot/lowes. Or you could try to clamp the hose onto the pipe with one of them round stainless steel clamps. Just tighten it really hard with a screwdriver.

Reaction score
Take the pump with you and go over to the section with the PVC piping; and also check the area with the conduit near electrical (the grey colored piping). I can't imagine you won't find a series of fittings to get you up to 3". You'll need to glue it all together, but you should be able to do what you need. Also look at the rubber fernco couplers--they may have one that goes from 1 1/2 - 3". They look sorta like this: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053.

Not sure if they make one that goes from the two diameters you mention, but worth a look since they are super easy to work with.

Reaction score
bingo! fernco couplers are great in plumbing for the simple fact that they can easily be removed. Once you glue PVC on, you're done. In my new plumbing layout with my new pond, I plan on using a lot more ferncos for sure.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
All my valves and filter connections use a fernco or a no hub cpl .
it makes changes a lot less painful

Ask a Question