addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your water is nice and clear! You might need to put up a shade sail, or some covering to keep it cooler. Keep lots of water flow going.

I had a pond in the north Glendale Phoenix border area, off of pinnacle. Mine was sun/shade, 5.5 feet deep it stayed around 85 during the hottest months. I had a 4 foot tall water fall that helped with the cooling.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your water is nice and clear! You might need to put up a shade sail, or some covering to keep it cooler. Keep lots of water flow going.

I had a pond in the north Glendale Phoenix border area, off of pinnacle. Mine was sun/shade, 5.5 feet deep it stayed around 85 during the hottest months. I had a 4 foot tall water fall that helped with the cooling.

Thanks!!!! I plan on doing sail cloth or something. Gotta get my temps down :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
do you have an aerator .I love you description of the pond ,that was a funny read for a problem we all have in the spring

Reaction score
Country
United States
do you have an aerator .I love you description of the pond ,that was a funny read for a problem we all have in the spring

I'm wanting to add one but don't know which one to get. Any suggestions?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They are mostly the same .I bought laguna but if you look at them they all look the same .My laguna came with 2 air stones and 2 pieces of airst
100_9581.JPG
one hose and a 12 outlet port to add more

Reaction score
Country
United States
So the only true benefit is to make sure my fish don't run out of oxygen in the warm water?

I'm going to be doing shade but wanted to add the aeration as well until the shade gets put up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Plants can use up oxygen at night and extra oxygen is what i have used for years .It does help a lot in keeping the water moving .
101_0807.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Maybe I missed something, but I don't see an actual water temperature posted.
In Arizona, with the dry atmosphere, it shouldn't be much of a challenge to reduce the pond temperature.
Increase air movement above the pond surface (via aeration or a fan) and provide some shade.

Ask a Question