Pond pump question?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a all in one filter pump running and I put another pump in but I am not using any attachments is it ok to run like that for more oxygen or is strong for fish ? Probably stupid question

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have a all in one filter pump running and I put another pump in but I am not using any attachments is it ok to run like that for more oxygen or is strong for fish ? Probably stupid question

Can that be clarified in a few sentences?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think I understand - you added a pump to your pond, but did not add any kind of fountain or spitter, so it's just a pump moving water. If that's correct I have a few questions - how big is your pond? What kind of fish? How big is the pump? Why did you do this? How do the fish react to the pump?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
No questions are stupid!
If I understand correctly, you just have set a pump in your pond just circulating the water without the flow breaking the water surface. However if it is breaking the surface you are getting some oxygen into the water, kind of like a waterfall does. Both are good but more oxygen is usually always better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Australia
That’s correct I just wanted to add extra oxygen so I have my fountain and then the other pump is just sat in pond with no attachments,
My pond is 1200 litres and the pump that is just sat in the pond is 1000 litres an hour .. doesn’t seem to bother fish

Ask a Question