POND PUMP STRAINER CLEANING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a below ground pump and would like to clean out the strainer basket. There doesn’t appear to be a valve to close off the inlet pipe to the pump. How best should I proceed?

Attachments

• 7CCFD7C2-71D3-4E03-9C19-4ECEBFA8A713.jpeg
    7CCFD7C2-71D3-4E03-9C19-4ECEBFA8A713.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 262
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get test plugs for your skimmer and drain. As you tighten the wind nut it squeezes the plug thus making for a water proof plug. You can place the plugs in the pipes and it will limit how much water comes out of the lines when you open it up if your quick about it you may even get to put a ball valve in. Make no mistake all the water in the pipes will empty out when you open the strainer.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! I can’t help with the pump, either. Do you have the instructions [it looks new], or can you do a Google search to get a copy of the instructions? I do that a lot for various products.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Looks a lot like my pool pump. Can you get some type of plug or cap to put on where the water exits and enters the pond? Inside the pond that is. That's what I do with my pool. I have a screw-in plug that I put into the bottom of the skimmer and another one where the water shoots out into the pool. Or maybe someone can hold their hand over the inlet and outlet in the pond while you do what you need to do. Or you can add a valve on each hose that you can shut off when needed.

Ask a Question