pond pump

Reaction score
My pond pump quit working overnight. I am trying to take apart my pump fer cleaning, but I can't get the impeller out. I also need tips for maintaining my pond untill I can get it working. HELP!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You may have to buy another pump .i always use 2 pumps in my pond just in case .You would have to give us more info on the pump and maybe a pic .Some have a clip and the back part is a magnet and not sure what yours is like

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Yes sounds like on of those inclosed pumps where the magnet is in cased the only thing
you can see or clean is the impeller.
I had 2 or 3 of those over the years (not for a main filter pump) just for a foantain or something like that.
but once they go out they are pretty much done, although I remember having one stop every once in awhile and I unplug it take it out bump/hit it a few times and plug it back in
and it would start up and run for a while then one day it just quit.

In anycase sounds like a replacement is what you need.

?
How big is this pond
how many fish
is this pump going to a filter

Depending on the above would be on what you can do to help the fish survive.
If you have a air pump but that in
do a few small water changes make sure you use some declor. This will help keep toxins down and get air in the water.
Don't feed this will just add to the problem in the water.

Ruben M.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomefall7.gif
glendy......hope you are glendy the good witch :razz:
I have a fountain pump that stops at times and I do like Ruben suggested and bang it on a rock till it starts working again. Oh and that link to facebook says "this content not available at this time".
halloweendoor.gif

vze3jnhz

????
Reaction score
Can't help you but I am also having pump problems.I'm having a problem getting my submerged pump going again after pulling the filter and pump out of the pond for necessary cleaning.Actually, the pump is "going" it is just not pumping the water up to the spitting frog.Really a simple little system. Filter, 3 foot 1''1/2 hose, pump, smaller hose up to the spitting frog.I've had the problem before but solved it by randomly moving every thing around, especially the filter and the discharge hose. Can't get anything to flow now, and the water is cooold! I am wondering if there is a more organized procedure.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Check the impeller and any tubing going to it for blockage. Sometimes they cavitate, this is when air is trapped at the impeller and causes it not to pick up water.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The impeller could be damaged also or loose .I had a pin on one of my impeller get loose and did not notice it at first and could not figure it out at first .But normally it is trapped air .Welcome and central NJ must be near where i am from ,Edison

Ask a Question