pond pump

Reaction score
What type of gph are you looking for? One of the biggest thing is if it is oil filled (which most new pumps aren't), and the amount of electricity it uses. Normally cheap pumps use a lot of electricity, and will cost you in the long run.

Reaction score
I'm looking for 1500gph at the very least. I know to stay away from oil filled. During my research of different pumps I've noticed a big variation in watts/amps. Money is kind of tight right now so I'm trying to find something affordable. I'm just getting a little nervous because I'm using my "spare" pump now seeing as my "regular" pump died this spring.

Reaction score
Both of my pumps are laguna and they have been running now for 6 and 7 year. Replaced the impellers in them once. The beckett pumps are pretty good as well.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
hi Meekaboo you need to look at how high your pump has to lift the water,,,and ,look for one that can pass solid particals to your filter......i just replaced cyprio titan 1450 that is a nice pump,with a laguna max flo 4200......i bougth it on ebay for 180 bucks.....like kirscp said ,low watts will save you money every month

Ask a Question