Pond Pumps Cheap! Need to go!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am a coral reef hobbyist, but I recently came into several pond pumps that I need to get rid of.

They are Cal-Pump Torpedo T-10000 model pumps, suitable for fresh or saltwater use. They pump 10,000gph. They usually go for about $330 online. They are new in the box. I have 3 available.

-$120 each! (plus actual shipping)

Thanks!
Ed

p.s. I know I am new here, but I have years of 100% positive feedback on Reefcentral (which is a huge website for reef people) under the name "Acro-Ed."

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome profed I hope you find someone that is a good price right now I'm looking for a decent air pump that does not cost an arm and leg

Reaction score
are they used? Do they have the optional filter. Is this the pump that goes in or out of the water ? I had to glue my pump togeather this week.
Debra

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Debra says they can be in or out of the water

Sounds nice, but is this the correct watts?
T10000 Torpedo Pump
Max. Flow Rate - 10500 GPH
Flow Rate @ 1' - 10200 GPH
Flow Rate @ 5' - 9320 GPH
Flow Rate @ 10' - 7750 GPH
Flow Rate @ 20' - 4790 GPH
Flow Rate @ 25' - 3100 GPH
Flow Rate @ 30' - 1400 GPH
Max. Head - 33'
Watts - 1214
Outlet Size - 3"
Dimensions (L x W x H) - 15 1/2" x 7 3/4" x 6 3/4"
Cord Length - 40'

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Yes, these are new, never been out of the box. The wattage sounds right...they are very powerful pumps (especially for their size). They are about the size of a football (only heavier...lol). The pumps I'm used to dealing with are 1000-4000gph, I've never really used pumps this big. I'm sure they would be great for circulation in a pond though (or to run a waterfall). I gave one to my Dad and he is using it to run a waterfall in his pond. Anyway, if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks!
Ed

Reaction score
Oh, and yes, they can be internal or external, but if run externally they need to be at or below the water level.

I do not have any filters, etc. Though I'm sure you can order them for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
Ed

Reaction score
Hoping to get some new ideas. I've worked for two different aquarium stores while in college, and I've learned a lot about ponds, and done service work on several. I don't know how much I will be posting here, but I'm always eager to learn more and see other people's ideas. I am looking into a "pond-less" waterfall for my yard right now, but it would be something much smaller than what these pumps can put out. On that same note I would also be willing to trade one of these for a smaller pump. Thanks for the inquiry.

-Ed

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomewave.gif
ProfEd

Reaction score
Many thanks for the welcome, j.w.!

As per Dave's messages, I am retracting this listing. I apologize for violating the rules of GPF.

Thanks to everyone, and I hope to "see" you in a different section of the forum.

-Ed

Ask a Question