Pond Showcase and Articles Section

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all! This is the first of many updates to come in the following weeks :)

There is a new Pond Showcase section, which allows you to create a blog-like thread for your own pond. This isn't the place for questions, but an area to showcase your own creation. Only you will be able to post in your thread, so you can use it to post photos and updates of your pond and fish. It's not meant as a substitute for any existing forum, but a way that you can keep track of your pond in one place. I hope this comes in handy. It's empty so far, so I look forward to reading the new threads ;).

I've also renamed the description for the Garden Pond Articles forum. This is a place for members to share their knowledge and write articles on garden pond/koi subjects. If there are any exceptional articles, they can be make stickys or promoted to a new menu (if the section becomes popular, which I hope it does!).

There's more to come in the coming days, so stay tuned :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One thing that was nice on a different forum, computer, the stickys were locked. Kept the sticky information to just that.

Nice, the showcase spot will be used.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Wow, This was a fast addition! This was dicsussed and thought that it would be nice to do for those that are starting a pond build or even a DYI build so it can be viewed by all but controlled by the member that started the thread to eleminate all the unneeded chit chat and and keep a nice clean look to the thread for a long period of time. We welcome each member to start a thread here and add to it. Feel free to go back and start when you first started you build and add to it to the present day and then add more as the future unfolds. Just one of a few new additions to the site that have been in discussion or are just being brought out to improve on this already great site. Hope everyone enjoys! Look forward to seeing plenty of pics here!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It makes it easier to follow a build that way, also it will help a new person see what is involved in the different types of builds.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's a really cool idea..............wish I would have taken pix of building my pond..........does this mean I have to start a build all over again so I can partake :confused: :lol: :confused:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
You can always do that! we would all like to see a new pond build, Or you can just go through your old pics and make a album that shows early stages of your pond to present. I think I will go that route for now.....LOL:bowdown:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The pond showcase section only has 4 showcases in it. Come on guys and gals add your photos to your section I am really looking forward to seeing them all.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I'd like to see more tours of members grounds as well...not just the ponds, the whole yard. front and back!! love looking at landscapes. ideas galore, not to mention what the other trends are around the world.

Ask a Question