Pond sieve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have a 3000 gallon pond. Gravity fed to pond sieve. Pumped from sieve to Aquadyne 2.2B then back to pond. My sieve reservoir fills with water about two thirds. I still have flow from and to the pond but why is reservoir filling? Is my pump too high? Or is sieve wrongly positioned? Please advise. Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
The the top of the sieve should be just above the pond water level. If it is getting excessive draw down then it requires a larger supply line or if there is a high spot in the supply line it may have air in the high spot reducing the flow. Last is that the pump draws to much water for the system design. These would be the most likely problems with out seeing some pictures .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1568559273445.gif
@Carolefish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The the top of the sieve should be just above the pond water level. If it is getting excessive draw down then it requires a larger supply line or if there is a high spot in the supply line it may have air in the high spot reducing the flow. Last is that the pump draws to much water for the system design. These would be the most likely problems with out seeing some pictures .
Thanks. I’ve reduced pump flow to 80%. It’s quieter too. I’ll keep an eye on it. It sounds like I was drawing too much water. Carole

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
What is the make of sieve? Can you post a picture of it? Might be a level control issue with the seive

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Most sieves I have seen will have a flow control float system that will keep the water level below the screen but enough that the pump will not draw in air. Water flows through the screen and the debris slides down and is removed in the catch tray.

Ask a Question