Pond slope ideas 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know a way to put a slope in a pond after you have built it to encourage wildlife and create a planting basin. My pond is 6m by 6m with a depth of 1.5 feet. we were hoping for it to look as natural as possible. The topography is very limited with a depth range of fewer than 6 inches. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• done.jpg
    done.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 203
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are you hoping for different answers than you got last time? ;)

I can see your picture now - very pretty pond! Is it a liner pond? Do you use the ladder like a bridge to get out to the little island? At 1.5 feet deep, you may be able to add a few big rocks around the inside edge that would give you spots to plant as well as allow wildlife to enter and exit the pond. I'm assuming you mean like frogs and birds, right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I love the island!
If your pond has a rubber liner, you can lift it at the edge and work the soil to the shape you want. I have done this plenty of times to alter or add shelves. This shouldn't be too hard considering your pond is only 1.5 inches deep. If need be, you can lift the liner and place large rocks under it temporarily to keep it propped up while you add or remove soil.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Drain the pond a little lift the liner at the edge and stat throwing dirt under the liner until you achieve your ramp.
Or build the ramp with a couple large flat rocks sitting on rocks that act as piers . this would be my choice at your point in the game it will also give fish and other wild life a place to go if there's and danger. but at only a foot and a half deep it won't do much for larger koi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you hoping for different answers than you got last time? ;)

I can see your picture now - very pretty pond! Is it a liner pond? Do you use the ladder like a bridge to get out to the little island? At 1.5 feet deep, you may be able to add a few big rocks around the inside edge that would give you spots to plant as well as allow wildlife to enter and exit the pond. I'm assuming you mean like frogs and birds, right?
Yeah sorry about that it wasn’t working so I thought I’d restart the thread.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I'd lean more toward the build up the area from inside the pond the more I think about it. if you having trouble on how to do this then you may not want to risk puncturing the rubber place some underlayment over the rubber in the pond and start building a hollow ramp or a solid ramp with rocks and pea stone.

Ask a Question