Pond super clear

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The pond is super clear but very boring looking right now heading into another winter, cold here right now. A couple of lilies are fighting the fight. A quick shot from the pond cam. You can see there aerator I will run for the winter. The pumps are all still running. I usually go to about the end of december before I shut it all down.

Channel02_20141115142408_587.jpg

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Mine, and all clients, ponds are now shut down for the winter.

Other than laser eye surgery, I'd say that my absolute favoritest, bestest Fall chore has got to be, hands down, cleaning out the bottoms of the Skippy's of all that lovely mucky, smelly mess that's been fermenting for months. It does make great fertilizer, however.

Leaf nets all installed. There's been a bit of a freeze on here of late, even though all the leaves haven't dropped. A few of the Acer Japonicas are holding on.

Getting a little worried about my Nov. 28 walleye fishing trip, with a couple of nights next week reaching -15C, that's enough to flash freeze some of my favorite boat launches.

My pond breather is supposed to arrive soon, so my last task will be to toss that in.

Winter sucks.

Ask a Question