Pond tour Akron Ohio area

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I didn't think about posting this earlier, but if you are interested in pond tours there is one in the Akron Ohio area. It is held over two weekends - last weekend and this coming weekend. Here is the link for the pond tour http://waterxscapes.com/

I have attached some pictures of the ponds from last weekend.
5955 Flowering Woods Dr Medina (3).JPG

3464 South Medina Line Rd Wadsworth (2).JPG

2525 Grant Ave CFO (2).JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
How cool! I was just thinking about pond tours and if they did them anywhere near me. Not really sure how they work but I will check the link.

We go to the Akron zoo a few times a year and try to make it to the Lock 3 at least once during the summer for their free summer concerts. It's not real close but not a bad drive either.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Not really sure how they work

Hi Maria. I always like to get my ticket before the tour so I can map out what ponds I would like to see. This weekend there is one pond in Sterling, two ponds in Doylestown, two ponds in Clinton, four in Akron, two in Uniontown, one in Hartville, one in Canton, one in Louisville, one in Navarre, and one in Fredricksburg. As you can see, they are all over and it would be difficult to see them all in one day. But you have from 9 - 5 on Saturday and 11 - 5 on Sunday to try. :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, That is spread out a bit.

If you don't mind would you explain a little about how this works? For some reason I always thought this was done as a group? From the sounds of it you drive yourself to whichever locations you are interested in seeing?

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The way this one works is you buy your ticket before hand, or the day of the tour. The ticket is a booklet which consists of pictures, descriptions and addresses of the ponds. The booklet also has maps with the general locations of the ponds so you can get an idea which ponds are closer together. You select the ponds you would like to see and map out the best course to see the ponds. That is why I like to get my ticket early so I can map out my plan of attack.

If you decide to go, I can recommend some ponds to see. I have been going on this pond tour for over 10 years and a lot of the ponds have been on the tour before. I don't mind seeing some of them multiple years because it is interesting to see how some of them have matured.

You meet so many nice people on these tours and I love to hear their stories.

Ask a Question