Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
This album contains images of some of the MS-ATR outdoor pond turtles. Images are from Pond 1 (Koi + Turtles) Pond 1-B (Turtles Only) and the reservoir on the south side. All of these guys are available for adoption with the exception of the image marked with the -NFA- tag because he is not healthy enough to be a general pet yet but I am hoping he will get well enough to be adopted soon. If not though he will definitely live a comfortable life in the sanctuary.
TB1.jpg
TB2.jpg
TB3.jpg
TB-4.jpg
TB-5.jpg
TB-7.jpg
TB-8.jpg
TB-9.jpg
TB-10.jpg
X2.jpg

TB-Mix.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
They are soo cute!!! ahh I still don't have fence for them yet :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
warnings back ups on highway branch and rock boat is full and that exit ramp on the other branch is a one way ramp and the yoga class means you need to stretch it all out

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Eeekk! Too cute! I love the second picture with them all lined up on the tree.
They do that all the time and there can be several trees and floating logs to bask on and still they will all try and jam in on the same one. When the log gets full they will just start stacking up on top of each other but I have never sen them go any higher than 3 high because once a fourth tries to climb up the turtle tower crashes into the water :D

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
They are soo cute!!! ahh I still don't have fence for them yet :(
Good to go slower anyway as taking time to make sure you have absolutely everything needed such as a fence and that it is built right makes for a better turtle experience in the long run. I can't even begin to tell how many times I have had to go to peoples houses to track down an escaped turtle because they did not build their fence right. Not only do they climb very well but also are very good at digging tunnels which is actually the most common escape method. An average sized semi-aquatic turtle can dig down about 1 to 1.5 feet deep or even deeper in soft or saturated ground. If you do decide to build a fence be sure and let me know before you do and I will send you one of the habitat guide books I made for msatr.com . The guide is free and includes general info about the enclosures both ponds and indoor terrariums plus several plans that are grouped into several budget amounts so that anyone can get the most out of what they can afford. Also depending on your location I may be able to help you get the turtle(s) either from the rescue or from someone closer to you that I can recommend.

Ask a Question