Pond vac

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has had success with a pond vac that hooks up to a garden hose. I think all the debri is causing my water problems and i want to purchase one.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Tracey fo said:
I am wondering if anyone has had success with a pond vac that hooks up to a garden hose. I think all the debri is causing my water problems and i want to purchase one.

There are quite a few posts on this subject. Search "pond vac" and you should find the information you require.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
dr dave is correct,if you use the search option or just browse the threads you will most likely find an answer to most questions.. but the"muc vac" hooks up to a garden hose.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
IMHO you get what you pay for. I've tried them all and I only recommend the Oase pond o vac 3. Yep! big bucks but it works great.

Reaction score
Tracey fo said:

I've used two types of those.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=5556

Those are the two types that I had used. Both do what they are suppose to. With the smaller one I used womens panty hoses, so I could collect a lot more gunk. The mini vac does not do leaves, it gets clogged up. I used these on a 750-1,000 gallon pond.

I however don't use them now, as I've build a new pond. I included a smimmer, bottom drain to a settling chamber, and a few other filter ideas.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the muc vac does a fine job, its just a little cumbersome.. the discharge hose weighs more than the vac. some cheap white pool hose will solve that. as lond as you not over 3' deep, and have atleast 50 lbs of water pressure.

Reaction score
Hi,
The discharge hose weighs more than the vac. some cheap white pool hose will solve that. as lond as you not over 3' deep, and have atleast 50 lbs of water pressure.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Is this a echo :icon_mrgreen:
Or a ow i get it :icon_smile:

Ask a Question