Pond Vacuum

Reaction score
Having tons of issues this year with debris collecting at the bottom of the pond. Water tests are good, and less algae around than ever. Water is almost copper in look which I think is due to the debris. Looking for ideas for a pond vacuum to suck that crap out of there.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can save yourself some money and get a pool net .I have found the pool net to be easy

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I purchased the 'Oase Pondovac 2' pond vacuum in 2005 and have been very happy with it.

Reaction score
I have one of those and it works great for when leaves and stuff get in there, but I am talking about all the small stuff. It just seems like it is discoloring the water, when the water is actually really clear. Was hoping to find something to suck that stuff up.

you can save yourself some money and get a pool net .I have found the pool net to be easy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My small net that I got at lowes does a great job with the small stuff and is small enough to control .It has a very fine net

Attachments

• 100_7181.JPG
    100_7181.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_7182.JPG
    100_7182.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 273

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love the net because it is smaller and it extends for getting farther into the pond .I go slow with it so it does not stir a lot of stuff up at one time .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have even lined my neighbors like this with quilt batting and tied it on tight to pick up the fine algae .Works great on really fine stuff

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
i use a net, too. gently drag across bottom of pond. easy, effective. sometimes use shop-vac, but every 60-seconds have to empty canister. garden plants are happy.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Good suggestions. I guess my issue stems mostly from the small debris that has fallen between the rocks in the pond.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Having tons of issues this year with debris collecting at the bottom of the pond. Water tests are good, and less algae around than ever. Water is almost copper in look which I think is due to the debris. Looking for ideas for a pond vacuum to suck that crap out of there.

Oase PondVac 4. Auto-empty feature, continuous operation.

Ask a Question