Pond volume help

Cam

Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_0082.JPG
I am trying to figure out the volume of my irregular shaped pond. I got 3 different measurements on it. One for the shallow end (2'Lx5'Wx0.1'D), my second deepest part (5'Lx8'Wx1.6'D), and my deepest part of the pond (3'Lx 6.9'Wx3'D). What is the volume of my pond in USA gallons? Thank you.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome! Are you referring to the pond in the background? Are you sure about those depth measurements?

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got rid of my shubbies for that reason .They were jumpers .The sick fish I am taking care of are shubbies and are jumpers .Plus I found out when I was at the owners house the dog was going in the pond and swimming .He is a small dog but that could be why the fish are sick and why the fish are freaked out ..I told them the should get a big kiddy pool or use a bigger filter to catch the stuff the dog takes in on his paws and fur .Plus then I see flags and ask they and now tell me they have a lawn treatment company that sprays chemicals on the lawn .The answer was simple .sick scared fish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Based on your measurements the capacity of your pond is approximately 260 gallons.
can u recheck , mine coming 952 gallons , from my formula , even calculation of 5 8 1.6 is coming more then 256 , may b im doing mistake , all are in feet?

Last edited:

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
can u recheck , mine coming 952 gallons , from my formula , even calculation of (5'Lx8'Wx1.6'D is coming more then 256 , may b im doing mistake , all are in feet?

I read this to be all in feet.
Here are my computations.

Length = 2 + 5 + 3 = 10 total feet avg. length = 3.3 feet
Width = 5 + 8 + 6.9 = 19,9 total feet avg. width = 6.6 feet
Depth = 1 + 1.6 + 3 = 5.6 total feet avg depth = 1.9 feet
3.3 x 6.6 x 1.9 = 41.4 cubic feet x 7.48 gallons/cubic foot = 310 gallons

Apparently I did make an error in the original calculations. I have rechecked these current figures and they are correct/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I read this to be all in feet.
Here are my computations.

Length = 2 + 5 + 3 = 10 total feet avg. length = 3.3 feet
Width = 5 + 8 + 6.9 = 19,9 total feet avg. width = 6.6 feet
Depth = 1 + 1.6 + 3 = 5.6 total feet avg depth = 1.9 feet
3.3 x 6.6 x 1.9 = 41.4 cubic feet x 7.48 gallons/cubic foot = 310 gallons

Apparently I did make an error in the original calculations. I have rechecked these current figures and they are correct/
its not oval , they are 3 rectangles with specific LWD i dont think from avg formula accurate answer will come , the avg is when there is curve from one measurement to other . if we didnt know its width of each segment we just knew its total length and 3 max min points then we wud apply average

suppose if he has only one segment of pond (5'Lx8'Wx1.6'D) = 5x8x1.6 = 64 x 7.48 = 478g how can only one segment of pond be more then 3 segments 310g ur total? . we will take 3 segments as rectangles and add them . take them as 3 separate ponds then calculate there volume .

. if we have a pond 9 ft long total L and in middle 3ft wide then 2 ft wide then 5 ft wide irregular then we add them divide by 3 for avg , but not in this case bcz we have specific width depth for each segment

let me know what u think

Last edited:

Ask a Question