Pond window

MrA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I’m building a raised pond with sleepers and a window I’m here asking you fellow pond lovers for advice on glass thickness and securing my opening is 1000x600 was thinking of placing behind the opening and placing into the top sleeper which is flat across the top thanks for any advice

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1605998527589.gif
@MrA

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That sounds more like a question for koipen

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Have you done a Google search for “above ground ponds with viewing windows?” I don’t think that there is a “standard” for how to proceed, but @GBBUDD might have a good idea about checking in with KOIPHEN.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi MrA welcome to the forum some great advice here and lovely people but you should try koi forum uk, windows are a lot more popular in the uk there is lots of info on that site. good luck !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome!

Putting a window in a raised pond seems to be a somewhat popular idea. Kind of like a skylight in a roof I guess. We've seen a few here, but it is a construction question that you want to make sure you get right!

Aquascape just built one of these in their showroom. Here's the video. I'm not sure if they get into specifics, but they do show how it's built.

Ask a Question