Pond with viewing window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few years back we got rid of our lovely big pond and replaced it with a pond with viewing window, it’s about 300 gallons. It’s been a pain from day one with various problems from dark water and the glass being impossible to keep clean. In my defence I’d had serious surgical complications and I neglected it somewhat as I physically couldn’t look after it,
we have now relocated it nearer the house. All went well, refilled with fresh water, but when we went to run filter it kindly replaced the lovely clean water with black murky water. I’m realising the filter must have had some sludge residue in it which was pumped out . I’m pretty gutted and now don’t know what to do
leave it settle and hope it clears. If I fill a glass with water from the said pond it’s crystal clear so not sure what I am seeing.
empty pond and start again
replace filter for one pf the pressurised ones, the one we have is a big gravity fed one which is a few years old. The media need changing so I’m wondering if it’s worth spending more money on the filter or buy8ng a new more modern one.
i love my pond, I’m disabed now and it’s important to me, anyone Got any thoughts please ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not yet. The fish are currently in a holding pond until we got the water in the new pond up to spec. At the moment thiugh it’s just looks awful and couldn’t bear the though of putting the fish back in there. We have got rid of the larger fish now so it will be home to about 6 goldfish

Ask a Question