ponddigger and a fern

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I saw that video @sissy and was so intrigued. I think many pond plant suppliers are going to be looking for alternatives as hyacinths and water lettuce are banned in more and more states.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
but if you look they may be banned also look how many babies were on one plant when Eric was pulling babies off and putting them in his pocket .It may be more aggressive than hyacinth and lettuce

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I wondered about that myself - it seems risky to start introducing new plants outside of their natural habitat. I mean, that's how we got dandelions and Queen Anne's lace!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought ferns only liked shade .They remind of one of those islands .I do like the different leaves .I guess time will tell if they are introducing another aggressive plant to the ecosystem .Every plant has a purpose either as food or erosion control .Dandelion feed the bees earlier and dandelions are a great food source .I love dandelion greens and the flowers make great wine .Queen annes lace i think is really a pretty flower in a table arrangement .I use them when I pick daisys for my table

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Water Sprite! Aquarists have been keeping it in their tanks for a century!
John

Ask a Question