Pondless waterfall

Reaction score
Country
United States
I joined here in the spring, read a ton, asked a lot of questions. I was determined that this would be the year I finally got my pond. But after learning from all of you, I had to admit that maybe the maintenance would be a stress rather than an enjoyment, despite my best intentions. So I decided to go with a pondless waterfall for now, maybe add the pond later.

And you guys! It finally happened--in late September, but plenty of time to still enjoy it. And I am LOVING it. Can I be pondless and still be part of this club?

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpeg
    IMG_1529.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 63

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Of course you can stay w/us forever @Colleen_MI
Even if you didn't have a pond at all you could still be a member here. We except everyone here except trolls and spammers. What a neat water feature you have made! We are here for you too if you ever want to add a pond to the picture but certainly not a necessity :happy:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum!

That is a very nice pondless water feature you built!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I joined here in the spring, read a ton, asked a lot of questions. I was determined that this would be the year I finally got my pond. But after learning from all of you, I had to admit that maybe the maintenance would be a stress rather than an enjoyment, despite my best intentions. So I decided to go with a pondless waterfall for now, maybe add the pond later.

And you guys! It finally happened--in late September, but plenty of time to still enjoy it. And I am LOVING it. Can I be pondless and still be part of this club?
but of course! As long as it's wet, we'll consider you a ponder! Wait, that might be misconstrued...LBTP is a symptom, not a disease!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
<======= OLD SCHOOL refuse to go with the abbreviations.

Well done collen I have seen so called pro's do far les then you accomplished

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Congrats. Glad you got it done in time to enjoy this season. Are you planning to run it through winter, too or shut it down?

And yes, you can absolutely be a part of the community here without a pond. But there is an annual fee. I will send you my paypal address.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Congrats. Glad you got it done in time to enjoy this season. Are you planning to run it through winter, too or shut it down?

And yes, you can absolutely be a part of the community here without a pond. But there is an annual fee. I will send you my paypal address.
Sheesh, CW: she's a newbie---no smilie to know you're joshin'? Annnnnnd, don'tcha know? Members of the Mi subchapter of GPF are exempt!!!

:cool::p:cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sheesh, CW: she's a newbie---no smilie to know you're joshin'? Annnnnnd, don'tcha know? Members of the Mi subchapter of GPF are exempt!!!

:cool::p:cool:

My bad. MI members are exempt from the annual fee, but are assessed a "cold pond" fee, paid annually. That reminds me, you are delinquent. I have a separate paypal address for that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy

Really clear and nice work, i love it.
Just my lil suggestion, add some medium size rock, sharped or not is ur choice, between the big rocks and the gravel...in my opinion will be more natural. ;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Also some rocks out from the stream, half buried, going into the yard. That blends it in nicely.

But it still looks great as it is.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! I didn't mean to give the impression that I had created this myself. I know a lot of you are DIY but that wasn't possible for me. The company I used did a good job, I think, but yes, tweaking will be done. I've already added some branches with the goal of naturalizing it. I scored some medium sized rocks for free off of Marketplace but I'm going to dream and plan over the winter and do a lot of re-landscaping around it next year.

@combatwombat , "the check is in the mail." ;)

Ask a Question