Pondmaster 190 fountain pipe being knocked over by fish...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I have an approximately 300 gallon preformed pond with a 650 gph beckett prefilter pump (1/2 to UV to waterfalls & 1/2 to fountain) and a pondmaster 190 filter. Lots of lilly pods and water lettuce. The fish (4 common goldies) constantly knock over the fountain pipe of the pondmaster 190 when they are playing hide & seek or tag. I put it back on and a hour later it's knocked off...so I figure why not leave it as a geyser bubble without the pipe? It's still filtering right?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Chris+

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Actually the more water your pump can pump out freely the better it is for the pump .My neighbor had 2 pumps burn out on her and the were 2900 gph and stopped to ask me if I could help her well she had a 2900 gph pump running through a hose to her waterfall filter and it was running through a 1 inch hose out side and inside was 3/4 I guessed .Not good pump over heated and got her a piece of my sump pump hose and a splitter and it was 1 1/4 inside diameter inch hose no problems since .Restrict the flow and pump works harder ,let it flow and you get better air from it and will not harm your pump

Ask a Question