Pondmaster Filter Floats?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I have a nearly 300 gallon goldfish pond with a prefilter pump to waterfall and a pondmaster 190 filter which leads to a small fountain. Last year, my first, the pondmaster stayed put on a brick at the bottom. Ever since the spring start up I find that the pondmaster filter wants to tip over and floats a bit. At first I thought that was because the string algae had overtaken it during the winter. So I removed all the algae, replaced the filter media, put in bio max (as well as pond start to help the good bacteria). Two days later, pond was quieter and the pondmaster had 1/2 floated again. Grrrrrr, the water was about 40 last night when I righted it. So I put a small 1/4 brick on top to anchor it...

Any thoughts?

Any solutions?

Thanks!
Chris

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had that with one of those rectangle filter boxes and turned out it was trapped air from the filter being dirty .I took it out cleaned the inlet of the pump inside which was clogged up and cleaned the whole filter .Then took the bio balls out and put lava rock in it's place and the filter pads on top and it still does it a little when the inlet gets dirty .I use it in my stock tank

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You should do it as soon as possible my pump was really hot from it and any longer it may have burned out .

Ask a Question