Pondmaster supreme stopped

Reaction score
Country
United States
i pulled it out and undid the cover figuring something clogged it. nope.im not familiar with the magnetics but when i tried to spin the impeller it seemed to resist and want to just shutter back and forth.reminding me of when as a kid a h.o .race car had 2 same magnets installed.is this a sign of something magnetic in the impeller going bad.i assume it somehow works with a magnetic field,but i dont know so im asking for advice.i believe its either 950 or 1200 gph.its silver style any advice appreciated

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
On my little laguna pump (750 gph) I can pull the impeller out, a strong pull since the magnet is hanging onto it. I do that when it is not running well and I just wipe it down. That quite often fixes it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I believe there are six screws to access the impeller. Place the pump on a towel, remove the screws and slide the impeller out. There is an O ring that needs to be carefully handled too. Inspect for damage. Probably it is only a case of debris impeding the impeller. But if the pump is really old, you might need to replace the impeller if it is worn out. By the way, welcome to the forum!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1580143957449.gif
@chw1956

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I hope it's just debris clogging things up.

If need be, you should be able to get a new impeller kit. The sealed pump housing rarely goes bad.

I'm not familiar with that particular pump, but all the ones I've owned have the impeller on a ceramic or plastic like shaft that sometimes wears out or breaks. There is usually a rubber cap and a small plastic washer on each end of the shaft that you don't want to lose.

There can be some resistance when pulling the impeller out due to the strong magnets.

Ask a Question