Pondmates for your koi

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any other type of creatures in your pon other than koi or goldfish?

What other types of fish can you keep in your pond?
What about tadpoles and frogs?
Any turtles?

I have adopted some tadpoles and hope they grow into happy healthy frogs around my pond at home.

Reaction score
Frogs are alot of fun. I've never put tadpoles in my pond though. The frogs just seem to find my pond by themselves.

Reaction score
i cant imagine putting tadpoles and frogs into my pond. it's kinda funny man..
in my other pond i have some milkfish.

Reaction score
I put some tadpoles in the pond and they are bullfrogs now. They seem to be happy. Good luck.

StevenO

Reaction score
Be careful that your bullfrogs don't eat your fish! Turtles will also try to take a bite out of fish, too. Native fish can carry diseases that koi are not resistant to. It's best to stick with the carp family in ponds. Never release pond fish into natural waterways. Enjoy, Gail

Reaction score
:twocents: There are minnows in my pond, all three of them have gabusia[spelled wrong] :icon_mrgreen: as well as fat head minnows. Rosie reds have there own pond but they do well with koi and goldies. They are all none agressive and fun to watch.:banana:

Ask a Question