sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used rebar and packed mine with clay soil and it has held for 10 years now last pic shows the inside and the outside wall .I think Jason just glued his also

Attachments

• pond 2014 tear down 032.JPG
    pond 2014 tear down 032.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 1,232
  • new pond 020.JPG
    new pond 020.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 1,323
  • new pond 022.JPG
    new pond 022.JPG
    222.5 KB · Views: 1,505
Reaction score
Sissy, from what I see in your pictures you have 1 row of blocks sitting directly on the ground as a sort of leveling berm. In a case like that glue, rebar, or concrete would be totally unnecessary. Calvin on the other hand stated that he plans to build his block walls 3 ft high (big difference). Or at least I'm assuming the 3 was for the height. It could be he is planing on building his pond 10 high, X 10 X 3 wide???
In any case, it would be a big mistake to not reinforce the concrete blocks with rebar and concrete, and a build a proper footing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Okay, that doesnt sound to hard, but your pumper is it connected through your blocks? Or do you just word around it.

Okay, so footers are for the bottom parts. I was starting tomorrow.
Pumper means that the concrete was pumped into the block by a company that pumps concrete

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have 4 rows of concrete block actually .I did not take a pic of the other 2 rows I added on top and that pic only shows 1 row visible and there is another row you do not see under that .I added 2 more rows after that pic .I packed the clay up to them.But like I said Jason did his on a patio just about 2 or 3 months ago

Last edited:
Reaction score
I decided to build it by wood! Contacted a lot of pond experts and they all said it will eventually be a problem from all the pressure.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 400

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
people said mine would not work either but it has .Far from an expert but some of the strangest things work .What kind of wood.are there gaps between each layer of wood .Never saw one built like that

Reaction score
people said mine would not work either but it has .Far from an expert but some of the strangest things work .What kind of wood.are there gaps between each layer of wood .Never saw one built like that
Does your have a foundation? Might is basically concrete then slap on the cinder block,
Yeah his is pretty neat, no foundation laid 3 ft , build with 2x6 pressurized wood but he doesn't fill it up passed 2 ft unless securely held

Reaction score
I've built that style for an animal supply store , simple design to sell and house fish . Did you do a layout in the middle of the store aisle.:confused:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
no foundation for the inside wall just packed clay with rebar in the middle been like that 10 years now and when i rebuilt the pond I added 2 more rows of the flatter block .You can see the block left of the garbage cans.There was already 1 row of the flat block

Attachments

• pond earthbox 029.JPG
    pond earthbox 029.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 417
  • new pond march 10th2014 006.JPG
    new pond march 10th2014 006.JPG
    272.6 KB · Views: 437
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Nice ponds! My idea is like your first pond.. But many say the sizing I'm building it is to big for cinder block to handle.
I got my first idea from a forum where someone built a pond with cinder blocks and then placed wood panels on the outside and secured them in the corners with brackets. I was too cheap to buy the wood panels. Looking back, that's what I should have done. : )

Ask a Question