Poorly koi, can anyone help identify what is wrong with koi, i think possibly it has spawned but not sure, it is still eating and moving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20190831_153301.jpg
20190831_153309.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Fish32, I hope others will also chime in, but I believe your fish has some type of fungus. It appears fairly advanced , so it's possible other secondary problems have developed. Do you have access to fish medications? If it were my fish and since I don't own a microscope, I'd probably place it in a small tank with good water and aeration and treat with a well known broad spectrum medication ....one for fungal infections. The fish looks very thin, how long has it been sick?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fish32, I hope others will also chime in, but I believe your fish has some type of fungus. It appears fairly advanced , so it's possible other secondary problems have developed. Do you have access to fish medications? If it were my fish and since I don't own a microscope, I'd probably place it in a small tank with good water and aeration and treat with a well known broad spectrum medication ....one for fungal infections. The fish looks very thin, how long has it been sick?
Hi Tula thank you for replying, I don't have access to medication and we only noticed the fish like this yesterday, and pond is viewed every day. Would it be contagious to the other fish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
If you don't have access to medications, I'd do like @j.w recommended, remove from the tank and treat with salt.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ask a Question