Post pictures of your holiday decorations, Christmas, trees, etc.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ever since I joined GPF back in 2011, this has always been my least favorite time of year — on the forum, that is! The volume of posts decreases, and we get very few newbies....which makes perfect sense since most ponds are ”shut down” now, and the newbies haven’t started their builds yet.

So, I thought it would be nice and fun to see what everyone is doing to stay festive in 2020 (no matter which version of the holidays you celebrate!)!

We have a new kitten in the house, so our decorations are minimal (if he can see it, he’s going to try and bring it down, LOL!). I have a Hallmark ornament collection that goes back to the beginning (early to mid-80’s, I believe). BUTTTT, this year it’s just plastic ornaments and nothing precious on the tree! Why? Because kittens like to climb trees!

Cosmo in the tree!
175A24ED-B32D-4A8A-B6C5-B2D6F849F5DF.jpeg

878A3C17-85BD-473B-872D-B61C888703DB.jpeg
6F319D8A-B3B8-42EF-A653-77F7C3A801B0.jpeg

The back of my car! Love snow flakes and snowmen — but live in Louisiana.
CBD41E81-CB72-4108-8525-E50FABC4784F.jpeg

Our Christmas Dragon!
7E3279B3-C36D-4E1C-8C64-2485CB870009.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Will be having the rather rare White x mass this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's snowing here right now..........................but not sticking :(
We didn't decorate this year. I do listen to my collection of Christmas music tho.
One of my old funny fave's!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ever since I joined GPF back in 2011, this has always been my least favorite time of year — on the forum, that is! The volume of posts decreases, and we get very few newbies....which makes perfect sense since most ponds are ”shut down” now, and the newbies haven’t started their builds yet.

So, I thought it would be nice and fun to see what everyone is doing to stay festive in 2020 (no matter which version of the holidays you celebrate!)!

We have a new kitten in the house, so our decorations are minimal (if he can see it, he’s going to try and bring it down, LOL!). I have a Hallmark ornament collection that goes back to the beginning (early to mid-80’s, I believe). BUTTTT, this year it’s just plastic ornaments and nothing precious on the tree! Why? Because kittens like to climb trees!

Cosmo in the tree!
View attachment 135663
View attachment 135664View attachment 135665

The back of my car! Love snow flakes and snowmen — but live in Louisiana.
View attachment 135666

Our Christmas Dragon!
View attachment 135667
So cute! That first pic would make a nice Christmas card. We have used our cat photos as cards for years but this year we changed things up- In honor of 2020- And yes, it is a TP tree!
010.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So cute! That first pic would make a nice Christmas card. We have used our cat photos as cards for years but this year we changed things up- In honor of 2020- And yes, it is a TP tree!View attachment 135673
I love it!

We have done nothing, in the house, our pup is into everything, can jump high to grab, eats and chews on anything he thinks is worth it. So no cords, wires, decorations done. He does not chew on shoes, furniture etc but everything else he finds is fair game. We have toys everywhere for him.
He has such a cute who me? look
20201205_084853.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@j.w How far are you from Spokane? My son‘s girlfriend is from there and they just drove (from Orem, UT) to spend Christmas with her family.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@j.w How far are you from Spokane? My son‘s girlfriend is from there and they just drove (from Orem, UT) to spend Christmas with her family.

About 320 miles, we are on the west side of the mountains, they are on the east. We are wet, they are dry. They get more cold and snow. We are more mild in temps. They have the poisonous snakes and spiders and we don't.
miles.png

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@j.w Thanks! All I know about WA state is that it borders Canada, LOL! He did tell us that they went skiing in Idaho today, so that sounded like a day-trip, and I can see that they are right next to ID.

Ask a Question