Post pictures of your holiday decorations, Christmas, trees, etc.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love it!

We have done nothing, in the house, our pup is into everything, can jump high to grab, eats and chews on anything he thinks is worth it. So no cords, wires, decorations done. He does not chew on shoes, furniture etc but everything else he finds is fair game. We have toys everywhere for him.
He has such a cute who me? lookView attachment 135675
ADDY that has got to be the under statement of the year . every time you post a pic of that little cutie it makes me smile ....stop it i won't be able to play the Grinch for x mass

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
About 320 miles, we are on the west side of the mountains, they are on the east. We are wet, they are dry. They get more cold and snow. We are more mild in temps. They have the poisonous snakes and spiders and we don't.
View attachment 135699
Ah your in that cascades love that area ....then again i love almost all of Washington i just hate the politics and the bs thats going on .......

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep @GBBUDD it's beautiful here and not too bad w/not many trouble makers up north where we live but still the politics mostly are not my cup of tea. We are up on a hill w/no big business. Nice big hilly mountain next to us too. Never hiked up tho. Have to find the secret way up it as they have locked the gate.

1608689850613.gif

1608689820198.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ADDY that has got to be the under statement of the year . every time you post a pic of that little cutie it makes me smile ....stop it i won't be able to play the Grinch for x mass
He is such a joy! I love my yorkies, they stay clean, (indoor dogs that we take out a lot) don't drop fur/hair everywhere. They drop hair like we do never find piles on the floor.

His fav toy, a old old dog toy from my other yorkies. A little beaver, he whines when he is going around the house looking to hide it, then cries when he can't find it again. I put a button tile tracker in it so I could find it. He "lost" it for about 3 days wandering the house looking crying. Now open tile on my phone and track it down!

Then he has his bear, the only thing he is allowed to ummmmmmmmmmm engage in boy stuff with, even takes to bed with him. He is fixed but still tries. The bear has no eyes, part of the ear chewed off. I had to sew the eyes shut ow he was pulling out a lot of stuffing. And he has a monkey that is bigger than him he hauls around everywhere. He has slept with us since he was 10 weeks never messed in the bed. Usually with his head on my shoulder, always touching me all night.
20201208_141954.jpg
20201014_083930.jpg
20201218_123314.jpg
20200905_183603(1).jpg

And we have our calm older (7) Missy She is a love also.
20200725_095135.jpg
Message_1486651759251.jpg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They run our lives. They are such a joy!

Any decisions we make is how will it effect the pups. We seldom leave them home, lil bear when he hears a car start up runs out, if we open the door and circles the car looking for a door to be open to jump in. Missy follows just a bit slower. lol If we leave them home they get a special treat and we tell them we need to work the bees, Missy knows that means she can't come.

And when we get out of our home clothes, pj's, boxers' tshirts,shorts and put on jeans etc they know we are leaving and start posturing they want to come!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So no house decorations, I had put a old flashlight on a chair, it needs batterys, next thing I know he is hauling it across the floor to his pillow to chew on it. I am his toy now, he drops his beaver and other squeakies on my shoulder and paws/whines until I throw and or get up and chase him. Dropped 7 lbs playing dog chase!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Dropped 7 lbs playing dog chase!

Dogs are good for us in so many ways! One of these days I'll be ready for another one. But like you said - when you have a pup, every decision you make has to consider them. I see some travel in my future - hopefully! - and need to get that out of my system first.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see some travel in my future -
They travel with us where ever we go except out of the country. They travel very well, being small really helps, on my lap the whole trip. We have leashes in every car set at the right length so if we slam on the brakes they won't hit the dash.

I traveled a lot while in AZ, Africa, Europe, Caribbean, Canada, 7000 miles of state driving. Happy with just being in the states now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They travel with us where ever we go except out of the country. They travel very well, being small really helps, on my lap the whole trip. We have leashes in every car set at the right length so if we slam on the brakes they won't hit the dash.

We have plans to go to Hawaii - actually we were supposed to go in June, but we all know how that turned out. So hopefully it will work out for this year. And in general, my husband's health makes it far easier for us to fly and get places quickly rather than drive. And living where we do makes getting anywhere warm at least a two day drive, so it's air travel for us until we're too old to hack it anymore!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@addy1 We arrange our lives around the cats, but in a different way, LOL! Fortunately for us, cats don’t like to travel, so we can leave them for a few days with plenty of food, water, and clean kitty pans. If we’re away longer than that, my BIL and SIL will come over and check on them for us. They (the cats) sleep most of the time, anyway, so..... When we bought this house back in 2018, we said it was for the cats more than it was for us: many windows with wonderful sunbeams and views of the outside, and a 2nd floor with stairs for them (exercise). They have padded perches in many of the windows — they are in heaven! ABB33C24-6393-4B83-9AC8-2FC96B106313.jpeg These are the 2 youngest, Cosmo the 6 month old, and Scout, the 8 year old.

@Lisak1 When are you going to Hawaii? I have a FB friend who lives in Mississippi, but apparently is from HI. She just left to visit a week or so ago — her FB pics are unbelievable! I’ve always wanted to visit, so, maybe some day (in fact, this person is a GPF member — let me see if I can recall her GPF screen name, and tag her! Ah, ha! It’s @tbendl!)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hopefully this summer... everything was bought and paid for as a Christmas gift from our son last year. First it was "sorry - you can't come but we also aren't interested in refunding your money either". Then they contacted us right before the trip was scheduled to happen and said "GOOD NEWS! You can come BUT you have to quarantine for 14 days when you get here!" Uh... no thanks? If I wanted to sit in a hotel room for 14 days I can stay home. Plus the trip included my son, his wife, and their four kids under the age of 9 - imagine doing that 14 day quarantine in a hotel room! So they agreed to extend everything for a year... we'll see where the world is at by then.

I remember @tbendl very well! She was always a fun member! And I even vaguely remember that she was from Hawaii!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Christmas tree decorated by someone who walks the tree farm trail. Others have been adding to it also.
This guys wife started the tree decorating. He has two of these big labradoodles. One was running loose. This one has to stay on the leash or he is off chasing critters into the great beyond.
IMG_9534.JPG

IMG_9533.JPG

Ask a Question