Post Your Favorite Pond Pictures Here :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I was thinking on this dreary February day that I would love to be able to see everyone's beautiful ponds on one thread instead of looking about and digging through posts (yes I am feeling lazy today) LOL. So I thought I would start a thread where everyone could post their favorite pond pictures :) Then we could scroll through this thread when the winter doldrums get to us.
Please reply with some of your favorite pond photo's here :)
Here are a few of mine :)
DSCN2811.jpg

DSCN2441b1.jpg

DSCN1980.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like how my pond is doing now but only one pic I really like the very best.We had what they call a blue morning here and is sometimes happens after a snowstorm at night and next morning everything looks blue

Attachments

• day after storm 043.JPG
    day after storm 043.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 310
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
What a wonderful idea, Pecan!!! And, what beautiful pics you have on this thread so far! I'm like JW, I have far too many pics, but will chose some from spring and summer, when things are blooming and at their best. I must say I love getting ideas from others' ponds, too!
Brown mulch put down in sitting area.JPGPretty bullfrog.JPGBig one spotted me spying on him.JPGClear to the bottom.JPGGoldfish in clear water.JPG
And this was taken last summer when a bunch of us got up on our roofs to take pics of our whole yards, so others would have a better idea of how it all fit together. :)
View of deck and ponds from roof.JPG

Attachments

• From rooftop.JPG
    From rooftop.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 354
  • Koi in clear water.JPG
    Koi in clear water.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 305

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I call them Yellow Flag Iris..........think others call them Sweet Flag. Colleen has tons of them and they formed a giant floating island in her pond. When the roots get big and since they are stuck in between the rocks they eventually knock the rocks down into the pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ah yes, yellow flag. I have some but they don't look near as tall as yours do.
BTW, I thought sweet flag was a smaller grass I have that arches over.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh ce give you lots of credit for climbing up on the roof .I am scared to death of heights ,but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I have that Sweet Flag that arches over also. Don't know why but some call the yellow iris that also I think, now I could be wrong, maybe they call it something completely different? Maybe that yellow flag come in short and tall versions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
There is a variegated smaller form of yellow flag, 'variegata' which grows 1/3 to 1/2 the size of yellow flag which can be a huge behemoth 6' tall with a massive large rhisome when it gets going. The variegated form is very perty in Spring, a very well behaved alternative to the much bigger, faster growing yellow flag
Regards, andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://swglist.wordpress.com/
pseudacorus_variegata.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks for chiming in here, Andy! I have the smaller version, and so far it has not bloomed, but I'm hoping maybe this year .... if it does bloom that is. I like the bigger stuff, too, but it seems to take over, and I'm trying to avoid the "take over" plants right now!
Thanks for the comments about the "on the rooftop" pic. Someone dared others to go on their roofs or take pics from 2nd story to see their whole yard, so that's when I did it. Cleaned out the gutters while I was up there, too. This past weekend, got up on extension ladder, leaning on tractor scoop 10' in the air, to replace the rope and feed it into the pulley on the 15' flag pole. Got my flag back up, and love it! I am addicted to my flag pole, tells me wind direction, etc. Now, I just need a windmill in the back yard and I will be in heaven!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ahhhh....spring/summer 2012. Come on spring 2013 hurry UP already!!!

Attachments

• P5213466.JPG
    P5213466.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 350
  • P5233474.JPG
    P5233474.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 299
  • P5253484.JPG
    P5253484.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 325
  • P5253493.JPG
    P5253493.JPG