Posting Pictures

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How do I get a picture to show up as part of the actual post, rather than as the "thumbnail" that you have to click on to enlarge?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
capewind said:
I use Photobucket to store pictures, and when posting here, I just post an image link.
I'm using (most of the ones I post here) my iPad, so taking them directly from the device. Any I use off the PC or laptop come from storage on them. But wouldn't think that would matter as the retrieval method would be the same, right? Just sometimes I'd like to put up a pic that isn't a thumbnail image.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep the only way I know how to have them show up large for me is to use Photobucket. Weird tho they switched over to a new format and my pages are all just this gray color and little boxes of where it looks like words should be but just gobbledegook in them. Still shows my photo's tho, just liked the look of the old way better.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The image needs to be online on a publicly accessible website - eg photos from facebook may not work due to privacy settings. Photobucket is a good option, but there are other sites out there too if you prefer :)

Once you have uploaded your photos to an online source, just click on the little polaroid icon (the one with a little tree in it) and paste in the link.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Becky said:
The image needs to be online on a publicly accessible website - eg photos from facebook may not work due to privacy settings. Photobucket is a good option, but there are other sites out there too if you prefer :)

Once you have uploaded your photos to an online source, just click on the little polaroid icon (the one with a little tree in it) and paste in the link.
Why can't we store the images on this server ??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
HTH said:
Why can't we store the images on this server ??
You can upload photos to a post, but due to how the forum software works it will show up as a thumbnail. You can upload images to the gallery instead, and insert them into your posts using the 'My Media' button, but they will still not be the full sized images. However, if you right-click on an image in the gallery and select 'Properties' from the drop down list, you can copy and paste the address (URL) of that image and insert it into your post that way. Bit long winded I'm afraid!

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
Becky said:
You can upload photos to a post, but due to how the forum software works it will show up as a thumbnail. You can upload images to the gallery instead, and insert them into your posts using the 'My Media' button, but they will still not be the full sized images. However, if you right-click on an image in the gallery and select 'Properties' from the drop down list, you can copy and paste the address (URL) of that image and insert it into your post that way. Bit long winded I'm afraid!
The photo Icon only accepts a URL which means the photo has to be uploaded to some place on the web prior to making the post. That seems rather odd. I did discover the My Media button and how it links to the gallery etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
HTH said:
The photo Icon only accepts a URL which means the photo has to be uploaded to some place on the web prior to making the post. That seems rather odd.
The photo icon is only for photos which are already online, and this is a common feature with forums. When I talk about uploading a photo to a post I am referring to using the upload button, and for that there is no option to insert the full image using this forum software unfortunately.

Reaction score
On an iPad, there are no icons, no physical way to click to link to an externally located photo.

I use google to store photos online, like how well it integrates with Picasso. Since I can not properly link an image using the forum tools, I am just using copy and paste the image location. Maybe Ian is doing some magic behind the screen, like with videos. The link I am pasting came from google photos, using the link to photos embed image option.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAB8Y/eE-s3F1I8DE/s800/IMG_1286_t2.jpg

Looks like it gets automagically turned into a link, a URL tag. But not an image tag. Easy enough to code if Ian wanted to.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I can accept that I have to live with thumbnails -- BECAUSE -- I can at least post pics from my iPad & iPhone, which not sure I could do before! :)

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Mmathis said:
I can accept that I have to live with thumbnails -- BECAUSE -- I can at least post pics from my iPad & iPhone, which not sure I could do before! :)
If you set up a photo bucket acct you can take the pic with your iphone and send it to your photo bucket acct , you will only be 2 clicks from nice big pics on this Forum :)

Ask a Question