POTM July 2014 Winner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Fishylove.jpg

(y) Congratulations to @Fishylove for winning the July 2014 Photo of the Month! (y)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you everyone! It's a common milk weed :) I took the pic at a friends house and just started milkweed in my yard, so hopefully they'll take and I'll have some next year :happy:

I wondered if that's what it was -- some sort of milkweed! I have some plants I ordered, I think it's called "swamp milkweed," or "marsh milkweed." Supposedly it's the kind you find growing wild. Is that the same thing?

Mine have been growing since the spring and are looking healthy, about 2-3' tall, though no evidence of flowering yet. Keep me posted on how yours are doing. I may start a thread about them, as well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Very pretty. I love the ssmell of the flowers. I have milkweed in my yard. It grows best where I don't really want it. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Congrats, Fishy! I have milkweed that came up in my front flower bed. Not where I would have planted it, but each year there is another stalk with the original ones. This year there are 3 stalks. Take note, when your milkweed blooms, you will know it! It is more fragrant than lilac, IMO! I could not figure out where the pretty smell was coming from, had no idea it was the milkweed flower. It's wonderful! I have another pair of stalks in another flower bed, also volunteer. I cut off the seed pod, as someone said they will spread to the yard and take over, if you're not careful! If anyone wants the seeds, I'll be happy to send them to you later this summer.

Ask a Question