Prayers for my wife

Reaction score
We were expecting a colt so Vicki was cleaning the stall. The rescue colt Gunny kicked her and broke her left arm. She stuck a stick under the cast to scratch and broke it off. She went to the doctor yesterday because it was swollen and hurting. There was no flesh where the stick was and gangrene has set in on her palm and lower thumb. Once tissue becomes necrotic (dead) it can't be saved. Her fingers are still warm and pink so hopefully they will be able save the hand and just remove what tissue died. She is in the hospital on IV antibiotics now. Please keep her in your prayers.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Vicki will be in my prayers Bullfrog and I'm so sorry this happened to her and hope she heals quickly and doesn't lose her hand or any fingers
praying-3.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry and may all get better, and your wife and you are in our minds and prayers .Hope she keeps her spirits up good times are coming .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Prayers for her bullfrog. May she get better and be better than ever.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Prayers are with you and your wife Bullfrog, My wife just had foot surgery, all wrapped up and we don't get to see it until Monday. This post sure has me hoping all is well when they unwrap hers. best of luck and god bless.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Lets hope the surgery went well and she has full use of her foot.
What did you think of the AS Race? We have the biggest weekend in racing coming up.
I500 and the CC600.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
So far so good, She was in a motorcycle accident when she was young and her foot got caught in the chain and sprocket. She had to have part removed then and lately a bone in her toe was really rubbing her shoe causing sores and when she went to the Dr. he told her they could take a bone out and help that and make her foot look a lot better by removing some old scar tissue. Guess on that we will see once it starts to heal. but for now she's getting around good, well pretty good when she isn't taking the pain pills and sleeping! LOL
As for the race, that was one heck of a wreck in the showdown, Glad they both wern't hurt, and Glad KB didn't win it. Other than that, Glad I didn't go to the race as it was pretty boring. had free tickets and a free place to stay if I wanted to go but since the wife had the surgery I wanted to stay close by and help her as needed. My friend that did go and was inviteing me picked me up a few cool pieces for my diecast collection, Got me a signed Bobby Allison, a signed Ned Jarrett, a signed Jimmy Johnson 5x championship and the new Harvick Advanced run military car that hadn't even been released yet, Plus on top of all that, he got me a some signed hero cards from like 10 drivers. That will be a cool box of stuff to open this week when it comes in. I may watch some of the I500 but the drivers I was wanting to watch either didn't qualify or didn't make it to the race. the C600 I'll be watching for sure. Just hope it isn't a runaway race like some years past.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats nice of your friend and good for you and your wife should be resting more .They say you heal faster when you sleep more because your body is at rest and can build a better immunity to bacteria and gets a chance to heal itself faster .My sister in law is a nurse and she says more rest more healing .So I'm wishing her and you the best take care and stay cool .Great for you fish in .I hope bullfrogs outcome for his wife is just as good and hope everyone is safe and sound enjoy your sunday all

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Blessed wishes to you too Sissy, and yes our prayers for Bullfrogs wife to get better soon and has a full and speedy recovery.

Ask a Question