I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope your wife gets better soon fishin.
And Bullfrog, how is Vicki doing, much better I hope?

Reaction score
I went up there yesterday but the doctor had already made his rounds so I didn't get to talk to him. Vicki has been on morphine for 3 days now so it's really hard to make and sense out of anything that she says. After 3 days, you begin to nod a lot and have very lucid dreams, it becomes difficult to tell the dreams from reality.

She told me, "Oh yeah, those MF's with the chicken heads on their fence aren't moving in with us."

"What?" I said. She began tossing a lot of cosmetics into a blue trash bag, "What are you doing?" I asked her. "I told you! I need to go to the store!" she shouted. "So why do you need to take all of that?" I asked. "Stop asking me questions! Everybody keeps asking me questions!"

I hope the staff sees this and weans her off of the morphine and I wish I had gotten to speak with the doctor. they do surgery on Sunday so that is a good thing, that they didn't rush her into surgery to remove the dead area. They are keeping up the IV antibiotics and vasodialators to increase the circulation, maybe they can save the tissue. I have to work during the week and with the privacy laws they won't tell you anything over the phone.

Reaction score
The stick didn't cause the damage, the damage from the stick was local and confined. the gangrene, much farther up on the hand and on the opposite side of the arm was from the cast being too tight. she called and told them it was killing her and they put her off till Friday. I'm thinking it's lawyer time.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I will keep her in my prayers Bullfrog. What a horrible thing to have to go through just because they put it on too tight :)
I have a friend up the road from me and she has had several surgeries on her hands/wrists and some broken bones in the past and she doesn't even bother calling the doc anymore if her cast is too tight.............she just gets her dremil drill out and cuts holes etc. in the cast to relieve pressure and when it gets close to the time for taking it off and she can't stand it anymore she cuts the whole thing off and just uses a wrap to hold it in place til she gets to the date to go to the doc's when she should have gotten it off :)

Reaction score
They put her off for days. when a patients says, "My arm is hot above the cast and cold below the cast and it is killing me." They should say, "Come in right now.'

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's a shame Bullfrog, lets just hope she doesn't suffer any long term effects from this and that she doesn't lose her hand or fingers. Then you can deal w/ the faulty care from the doctors if need be afterwards. Better document everything that happened and get witnesses if you can. What do they say is the cause? Are they taking the blame?

Reaction score
A search shows this..Gangrene is a medical term used to describe the death of an area of the body. It develops when the blood supply is cut off to the affected part as a result of various processes, such as infection, vascular (pertaining to blood vessels) disease, or trauma. Gangrene can involve any part of the body; the most common sites include the toes, fingers, feet, and hands.

I just want her well and home. she sounded a little better yesterday evening. I hope they will release her by Wednesday at the latest. It was wrapped when I went up there so I didn't get to see it. Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the things is she may not like being in the hospital but that is the best place right now so then can watch her closely for any changes and make sure she gets fluids and takes her meds. like she is supposed too and gets her rest ..Some when they go home they sometimes don't take there meds like there supposed to and I am one of them and don't rest like they should .So lets hope when she goes home she does what she should to get better ,because even home sometimes is the best medicine ,no matter what .good wishes are with you and her .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I hope she takes care of herself and it all heals the way it should. Make her mind you now Bullfrog and squeal on her if she doesn't take her meds if you have to. Glad she is getting better and coming home soon :rolleyes:

Reaction score
They released he late yesterday evening. I left work at 6:00 but we didn't actually get home until 9:00. It's great to have her back home. She put a spotlight on the porch rail so she could watch the colt. But the colt had been playing all day so all she got to see was this...

colt018.jpg

colt019.jpg

Look at those legs, when he grows into them he is going to be a big horse.

colt020.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad Vicki is home sweet home and gets to be w/ her new cute baby :lol:

Ask a Question