PRAYERS FOR OKLAHOMA

Reaction score
It's aweful. I didnt catch what happend til early evening. Had gone out about the time that monster tornado hit. I really hope that many of the assumed dead are safe in those storm cellar things and just havent been able to get out yet. I cant even imagine what folks are going through ... keep thinking about that one school too ...

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Big Lou said:
We are so saddened by the loss of live and horrific devastation to our Oklahoma neighbors. These weather beasts seem to have a singular purpose. To destroy to their maximum capability. Our thoughts and prayers to all.
Watching THE WEATHER CHANNEL -- DFW, LITTLE ROCK, and SHREVEPORT are areas of interest for potential similar storms later today. Big Lou and DrCase, stay safe! We're doing what we can, here.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Mmathis said:
Watching THE WEATHER CHANNEL -- DFW, LITTLE ROCK, and SHREVEPORT are areas of interest for potential similar storms later today. Big Lou and DrCase, stay safe! We're doing what we can, here.
Thank you. Even though there are sporadic rays of sunshine it has been mostly overcast with consistent high winds. I'm staying indoors and hoping for the best.

( love and concern for everyone in tornado alley stern expression )

UPDATE: Our city, Desoto, is now under a "Tornado Watch".

Reaction score
Stay safe Lou, and everyone else in a potential target area. Until the threat is gone, if ya'll can check in once in awhile just to let us know all is okay in your parts of the world, it would help us worry a bit less...

Just got back in and turning the news on for an update, but so glad to hear here that less children have passed. Hopefully, the same will continue for all involved.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
In addition to the Tornado Watch we are no under a severe Thunder Storm Watch. Hopefully not but it all may be starting. I am fine an Cathy is safe at work at Desoto City Hall. They have a storm safe area. Mine is in the kitchen on the floor by the bottom cabonets. Have cushions and flashlight at the ready.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Praying for all of you in the way of that bad weather and hope you all stay safe. Hope all those that went through the horrible devastation of the ferocious tornado's will be able to get back to some sort of normal life soon. So sad for the families that lost loved ones.

Stay safe Lou and hold on for dear life if it comes your way!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So far, so good here in NW LA! A quick look at weather radar makes it look like the brunt of the storm will go north of us -- that's Arkansas (DrCase)! But then, you just can't trust those storms.....

Right now it looks like the lower tip is passing through the DFW area. It doesn't look like the "hook" formation they talk about, but still....

Ask a Question