pre-existing brick and plaster pond, need help

Reaction score
I've got a bathtub shaped pond in the ground about 8x3x2. It was constructed out of brick and mortar and then coated with pool plaster. The plaster (I think it's plaster) has developed many cracks and bare spots over the 25 years it's been in the ground so I want to refinish it.

Does anyone here have any experience with plastered ponds? Or refinishing them?

Also, I want to make some type of a waterfall on the back 8ft side of the pond. I've got a lot of rocks to use, some are of a spherical shape others more football shaped. They range from about 6in in length to 1ft.

I'm just not sure what I should do to span the entire 8 feet of the pond... if you have any pictures of a pond that is similar to mine or have any ideas on what would look good on my pond please let me know.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the pond. I've included some pictures of the types of rocks I have available as well. Any design ideas will be greatly appreciated...I am not that artistic :100:

Reaction score
here's what I've done with it so far...incase anyone cares lol

CIMG35621.jpg

Ask a Question