Predator pond build.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love my koi and goldfish. But have always love alligator gar. So I bought four before the pandemic. And I
gar.jpg
am building a temporary pond for them. 8 x 9 foot x 36 inches deep. Underlayment and insulation done liner tomorrow.

Attachments

• gar pond.jpg
    gar pond.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 103
  • gar pond1.jpg
    gar pond1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 104
  • gar pond 2.jpg
    gar pond 2.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 105
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just temporary pond for the gar. With be a grow out pond for koi after the gar go into their 10 x 25 foot x 6 foot deep pond.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Next up side trim and top cap. Then on to the bog build. i am going to do a raised bog like dustboy did.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well good thing I had this pond built. Had an emergency situation today. After the storm last night a local guy's pond filled with mud and his lone koi needed rescuing. I brought him home and put him in the pond since the temperature 50 degrees was the same. Can't put him in my koi pond till I can bring him up to 70 degrees. Everyone meet Goliath. About 26 inches and 8 lbs. pictures make him look small trust me he is not!
koi.jpg
koi1.jpg

Ask a Question