preditors forum

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
anybody whos been on this forum for any length of time knows there are WAY TO MANY threads on preditors.. mostly herons but never the less preditors. threads that started off about other topics and just ended up about preditors. anyways this topic comes up as often as any.. so does any think a preditors forum might be a good idea? ideas stories products articles etc.. in one forum not spread out thru the site....this my encourage reading threads before starting new ones

Reaction score
Tips on how to protect against predators, what predators to look for, how to help a fish who has suffered an attack, how to know the signs that a predator has been lurking, etc. There's lots to talk about for sure.

Or do yo think we need to make better use of stickies upfront in some of the existing forums? I think we need to do a better job of keeping relevant info up on top....

just talking out loud...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
a new forum...maybe swing all the old threads into it.. or atleast the better ones and dump a few.. the biggest problem is forum newbies not reading before asking questions.. we could use an ALGE specific forum too theres been times with the same questions about alge asked multiple times in a day.. how many posts start with hi, i have a new pond and the water is really green..even in the intros

Reaction score
LOL! Yes, I do think it's fair to tell newbies to search the forum first...otherwise the site gets very redundant with the same ol' queries...

Reaction score
LOL! I know it can sometimes seem like we're going around in circles talking about the same things over and over every time a newbie signs on. We really do need to sweetly be able to tell them to search a bit. On other sites you can be lambasted or ignored if you just post and haven't searched first...I think we can be kinder, but try to redirect them as there's heaps of valuable stuff sitting on this site with lots of meat for a noob to chew on for sure.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Maybe we could have a predator section on ways that actually deter them
We can call it Hunting around the pond ...LoL :frown:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Haha, I like the hunting around the pond and recipe ideas :D ;)

Perhaps we can create a sticky thread in the introductions forum that contains links to the threads on the site that are worth reading? Are there any threads in particular on the site that would be worth reading that you could suggest (just post the links in here and we can discuss them and compile a list)? We'll also include some predator links in there too.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I think it needs a warning for "Bleeding Heart Liberals" to avoid reading if lethal force is not in their thinking.

Those who will not defend their ponds often take offense and acuse us of attacking them. I say if you can't stand the fire, stay off the range.

If it does not agree with them, they can move on to a thread that does. Some of us have too much invested to lose our Koi to a predator that will not go away.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
better yet........how about a FAQ SECTION...It could even be set up with polls to see the most popular answers or successfully used solutions to common new ponder questions... this would be as quick a way to refference solutions as any.

Ask a Question