Preformed Fiberglass pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I have just purchased a fiber glass preformed pond its 2nd hand has no leaks at all but wondering if to prevent any in the future maintanance would it be advisable to coat it with G4, its around 5 foot x 4 foot 26 inch in depth. Thanks for any advice
Graham

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It looks like that product is for concrete, which is a porous material.
I don't think it would adhere to the fibreglass, so I would say do not use it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
so just install it as it is ? my last pond was a black liner type always i was always repairing tiny leaks in it over time, I just really wanted to guard against any leaks maybe developing this time .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
If you want to resurface it, you would need to roughen up the surface then re-coat with fibreglass resin and hardener.
It's hard to say if you should use it as is without seeing it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b, 10a
Country
United States
Hi, Papag!
I'm no pond guy, but I use something called DryLok on my aquarium backgrounds that i mold out of plastic and foam.
DryLok says it's used to seal cracked concrete ponds but I've been using it for years on plastic and foam with excellent results. Although it is quite thick and dries with a concrete like consistency, look and feel.
May be worth a look?

Ask a Question