Pressure pipework on a pressure filter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. Hopefully somebody will be able to help me as I've struggled to find an answer online.

I have an above ground 2000 litre pond which is now filtered by an Oase Filtoclear 30,000 filter which is fed by and Oase 14,000 l/h pump (massively over ftered I now but I plan to expand in a year or so).

My question is, am I able to use pressure pipe or sovent weld pipe from the pump to the filter as the current flexi pipe looks messy in my pond? If so what would you recommend out of the 2 and what size?

Thanks

Mike

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1652555346458.gif
and welcome @Mike101
Can't help ya w/that question, sorry!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks anyway. I've scoured the Internet and can't find an answer either! Hopefully some body has experience in this

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
am I able to use pressure pipe or sovent weld pipe from the pump to the filter as the current flexi pipe looks messy in my pond? If so what would you recommend out of the 2 and what size?
You absolutely can. Recommend any schedule 40 plastic pipe w/ sweep fittings—you'll usually find them labeled DWV/Drain Waste Vent in the US. Don't know what they call them in the UK. 2" pipe would probably be sufficient for your pond. If you plan to increase pump size or have long pipe runs, you might consider 3".

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum. Hopefully somebody will be able to help me as I've struggled to find an answer online.

I have an above ground 2000 litre pond which is now filtered by an Oase Filtoclear 30,000 filter which is fed by and Oase 14,000 l/h pump (massively over ftered I now but I plan to expand in a year or so).

My question is, am I able to use pressure pipe or sovent weld pipe from the pump to the filter as the current flexi pipe looks messy in my pond? If so what would you recommend out of the 2 and what size?

Thanks

Mike
FLEX PVC IS WHAT I RECOMEND make triple sure you don't use kink free , it garbage imo

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
14000 liters per hour translates to just under 3700 gallons per hour. The 4000 gallon per hour pump in my pond has a 1 1/2 inch outlet, and all the piping is also that size. No flow problems at all with that.

Flex PVC or Ultra Flex PVC works great for me. I agree with the consensus here. Don't use that corrugated stuff labeled "kink free." It's garbage.

Ask a Question