Pretty Feeder

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I stopped at petco to buy dog food and made the mistake of looking in the feeder tank. I know some members really look down on feeder goldfish. My eye went to a red and white comet with very long fins, all I could think was that fish is to pretty to leave. Guy working fish dept was very nice and had no problem with me picking from feeder tank. He is now in 10 gallon tank filled with water from my pond. If he lives he will be living in pond in 2 weeks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The only feeder fish I ever lost were due to bad beginner mistakes on my part. Unless it was half-dead when you bought it, it will surely be fine. They are tough little guys!

I love my four feeders dearly. Two of the first batch of goldfish I ever bought were feeders. That was nearly a year ago and they're both around 5" now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I'm paranoid.. I'd preemptively feed him medicated food with prazi in it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Would you do that to any new fish or just because he came from feeder tank ? He is still looking good

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I guess you could just observe... the feeder tank scares me and my fish are too expensive to risk. A dead fish is always in it and there is no way the other fish are not affected by it.

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
the feeder tank scares me and my fish are too expensive to risk
i was thinking of this to lol, if you had koi or something then a huge outbreak of some disease. Feeder fish are known to be a sess pool for diseases and fungus's.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I guess if I had expensive fish I would be more careful. I have goldfish none from a breeder all Big Box store bought

Ask a Question