Problem with CUP-129 all in one, from all pond solutions

Reaction score
I have recently purchased above UV pump / filter and there appears to be a recurring fault with it.
I previously purchased one about two years ago, and after running it with no problems for about four weeks, it suddenly stopped working. The pump still had power, but there was no water being pumped through.
I ensured all filters etc were cleaned out, but could not get it to work.
I never got round to returning it to manufacturer.

Thinking that this had been a one -off problem, I bought the other one about six weeks ago. It also ran fine for four weeks and it also stopped working.
I have since discovered that the propeller which fits onto the magnetic tube loosens off, resulting in the magnetic tube still turning, but not turning the propeller, hence no water being pumped through.
The propeller is plastic, and there is a plastic rim at the top of the magnetic tube. I super glued the propeller onto the magnetic tube and inserted them back into the pump, and much to my delight, the pump is now working properly again.
Thought that I would share this in case others have had similar problems.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and glad you could fix it but not sure how long the glue will last under water .I used superglue to glue a rock for weight and it only lasted about 3 weeks and came loose

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
welcome and glad you could fix it but not sure how long the glue will last under water .I used superglue to glue a rock for weight and it only lasted about 3 weeks and came loose

Try using two part epoxy, that should be waterproof - Al

Reaction score
I have recently purchased above UV pump / filter and there appears to be a recurring fault with it.
I previously purchased one about two years ago, and after running it with no problems for about four weeks, it suddenly stopped working. The pump still had power, but there was no water being pumped through.
I ensured all filters etc were cleaned out, but could not get it to work.
I never got round to returning it to manufacturer.

Thinking that this had been a one -off problem, I bought the other one about six weeks ago. It also ran fine for four weeks and it also stopped working.
I have since discovered that the propeller which fits onto the magnetic tube loosens off, resulting in the magnetic tube still turning, but not turning the propeller, hence no water being pumped through.
The propeller is plastic, and there is a plastic rim at the top of the magnetic tube. I super glued the propeller onto the magnetic tube and inserted them back into the pump, and much to my delight, the pump is now working properly again.
Thought that I would share this in case others have had similar problems.

Same issue 11 years later...I did notice that the UV was still working and there was a slight hum from the motor. Once I removed the propeller hub and some minor detritus from the shaft and put it back together, like you, it all started working again. Thanks for the tip!

Ask a Question