Problem with EasyClear 3000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed recently that my fountain was just a dribble, even with the pump regulator turned fully on. I stripped the pump, cleaned everything and re assembled but now after 15 seconds it trips a fuse. Nothing else on that circuit so it is definitely the pump. If I try it again straight away it trips immediately. If I leave it ten minutes and then switch on I get water flow but it trios again after about 15 seconds.
Anybody know what the problem is.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
I would plug the pump into another circuit to make sure the problem is the pump.
If your circuit is the issue you can try replacing the breaker.
Check that your cord is intact as exposed wire would cause this.
You may have damage it some how when cleaning it. You may not have reassembled it correctly.
If you rule these things out. If it is old replace it. If its not old see if you can return it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I tried another circuit but that trips as well. If I try and flick the trip switch on immediately after it has tripped it trips again. But if I leave it for five minutes then trip it on I get ten seconds of water, then it trips again. Very frustrating as I have just purchased two new UV bulbs. Its about three years old so I will probably go out and buy a replacement.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I noticed recently that my fountain was just a dribble, even with the pump regulator turned fully on. I stripped the pump, cleaned everything and re assembled but now after 15 seconds it trips a fuse. Nothing else on that circuit so it is definitely the pump. If I try it again straight away it trips immediately. If I leave it ten minutes and then switch on I get water flow but it trios again after about 15 seconds.
Anybody know what the problem is.
Hi Ian , I have today experienced the very same problem with my easyclear 300 .
I stripped down the pump , cleaned everything and still it was tripping out,I thought to start that it was the bulb , so I removed it and still no different .
What I have discovered with my pump , is that it most definitely is not electrical.
I removed the top housing ! Where you go to replace the bulb and plugged in to the power and it worked immediately ! ! I had it submersed in a tub of water , but as soon as I fitted the top housing while it was working , it tripped out immediately .
So I know it's not electrical ! I am still trying to find the problem ! What I have found is a small white disc with some holes in it lose inside the housing and I don't know yet where it has come from.
Hope this has thrown some light on to it for you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@Richard Almond - this thread is a year old. Not sure the OP is still here or what the resolution was! But your experience may indeed help someone else in the future!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ian , I have today experienced the very same problem with my easyclear 300 .
I stripped down the pump , cleaned everything and still it was tripping out,I thought to start that it was the bulb , so I removed it and still no different .
What I have discovered with my pump , is that it most definitely is not electrical.
I removed the top housing ! Where you go to replace the bulb and plugged in to the power and it worked immediately ! ! I had it submersed in a tub of water , but as soon as I fitted the top housing while it was working , it tripped out immediately .
So I know it's not electrical ! I am still trying to find the problem ! What I have found is a small white disc with some holes in it lose inside the housing and I don't know yet where it has come from.
Hope this has thrown some light on to it for you.

Hi Richard, I've experienced the identical problem today with my Easyclear 6000. Sure enough, if I remove the top housing then my pump works just fine. Very odd. I can't see what the problem could be, as the flow is unobstructed and I've disassembled it to clean it. There are no electrical connections to this part.

Did you solve this problem in the end?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hi Richard, I've experienced the identical problem today with my Easyclear 6000. Sure enough, if I remove the top housing then my pump works just fine. Very odd. I can't see what the problem could be, as the flow is unobstructed and I've disassembled it to clean it. There are no electrical connections to this part.

Did you solve this problem in the end?
Gosh I didn't even know you still had a pond. I think I remember seeing a photo once a long time ago. Think it was an above ground stone pond if I'm right :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh I didn't even know you still had a pond. I think I remember seeing a photo once a long time ago. Think it was an above ground stone pond if I'm right :)
Yep that's the one! Hopefully re-doing it next year in to something I'm a little more proud of - very much lacking in space at the moment, so only 2000L pond.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now I have the same issue! It is very annoying and follows the exact same pattern of tripping! I have been trying to get it to work since Thursday evening. I'm pleased it is not the house electrics yet annoying to now have to buy a new pump when only 15 months old (sigh). Mine is a Easyclear 4500 so maybe a fault on them all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not the size that matters its the execution and delivery.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had my 3000 trip the system & grateful for the suggestion of removing the top housing. I removed the pump, cleaned the inner area which was very dirty, checked the wire and it was OK but the plug was damp and I found a small slug there! I removed it and dried the plug. Put the pump minus top in a bucket of water and it worked and didn’t trip the electrics. Put the top back and it worked OK! Could it be that the engine had overheated and had cooled sufficiently for it to work again? Could have been the slug? Anyway, thanks for saving me over£130!

Ask a Question