Products for removing chloramines -- what do you use?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Thanks! I just got an answer back from Amazon and they said yes, as well. Maybe I didn't read the info thoroughly enough.

@Meyer Jordan Well, darn, conflicting info......
Crystal Clear Vanish removes Chlorine. Crystal Clear Vanish Plus removes Chlorine, Chloramine and Heavy Metals. Two entirely different products.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
AquaScape's Pond Detoxifier, only because I go through a lot of it and that's the largest size that my local supplier carries.

Volume: 1 gal. / 3.78 L
Treats: 80,000 gal./302,744 liters
Dosage: 1 pump = 500 gal./1,892 liters

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ok- guess that's why the difference in how much each container treats! I'm guessing that I have used both over the years. Will have to watch for the difference. I usually get mine thru Ebay or Amazon and descriptions are not always reliable. No chloramines here. meant to post this earlier- forgot to hit post reply!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I rarely post anything on KOIPHEN because they can get so technical [and ticky-picky], but I double-posted this here and there. [just wanted to throw that in there so if anyone on here reads my post over there, they won't think I'm a traitor, tee hee!]. And the KP folks are still talking about stuff and I have no clue.....other than the basics.

So, after reading all y'all's comments, the most helpful info is simply the peace of mind in knowing that, with my mature bio-filter, I don't have to be quite as freaked out about those darn water additives [chlorine and chloramine]. At least, when adding water in smaller amts., such as with routine water changes. I already "spray" the water into the pond which helps to dissipate the chlorine. And now I know that my bio-filter will help eliminate the ammonia in the "chloramine" part. And a little bit [I repeat, little bit] of added ammonia shouldn't hurt since my pond is 3000 gals.

Now, I assume it's a different story for the QT and my aquarium, where there is less water volume. But nonetheless, will always plan to add something with water changes for the pond. Right now I'm looking at Prime [or Prime Pond], but that will have to wait as I just bought 2 bottles of the Home Depot stuff, LOL! And if I do end up with a product that comes in a larger volume [assuming it has a decent shelf-life], I'll know that I should have enough on hand for those water-out-of-pond emergencies -- you know, the ones at night....when all the stores that sell fish supplies are closed......

THANKS ALL, FOR YOUR HELP!

Ask a Question