Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Water volcano/waterfall/spring feature
I was at Home Depot today and saw one of those fake stones and it gave me this idea for a project. Keep in mind this is just an idea so it may not look right in your situation but if nothing else it definitely looks better than the "waterfall fountains" that are sold as kits. The images of the materials needed is included as well as a brief set of instructions.

Materials:
Fake Stone, Metal mesh basket, 600 - 800 gph submersible pump & Filter media.

First look at the schematic to see where to make the cut (approx)
Using a reciprocating saw make a cut all the way around the stone and remove the top.
Take the mesh basket and wrap a layer of filter material around the outside of it and secure with a bungee cord.
Take the mesh baskets lid and cut a hole in the middle large enough for the pumps out hose to fit through
Place the pump inside the basket.
Put lid onto basket and feed the pumps hose through the hole in the lid.
cut a piece of filter media to fit the top of the basket and secure it to the lid.
Drill a hole in the top of the stones top piece
Place stone in the water at a level where the basket will be submersed with about 6 inches of water over the top.
Set the basket inside the stone with the out nozzle facing up.
Feed hose through hole in top piece of the stone and place the top back onto the stone.
Turn pump on and make sure there are no leaks.

WF Project.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Different Marshall but I'd like to see it finish first before I coment on it , one idea though why not install red LED lights to make it really cool at night :cool:

Dave

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Different Marshall but I'd like to see it finish first before I coment on it , one idea though why not install red LED lights to make it really cool at night :cool:

Dave
I have already setup a smaller version of this (1.5 foot high 11 inches wide) for my turtles that does 125gph for their injury/quarantine aquarium (image below)

IMG_20150820_083219983.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
United Kingdom
brililant way of hiding the filter, will have to look into this for my tank

Ask a Question