Prospective pond owner

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have joined the forum to get ideas for a pond I am looking to build or have built. I think building the pond myself will prove cheaper but may not be as good quality as having it professionally built. My father in law has recently had one built but wont tell me how much it cost him. I would like a very similar pond to his but don't know how much it would cost. Is there a way of posting pictures on this forum and if so would somebody be able to give me an idea on cost?

I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Dan

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Dan, welcome to the forums :). You've come to the right place!

You can upload pictures to the forums by attaching files to your post - there are some instructions on this page on how to do it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
flowerwelcomeWHT.gif

Welcome to the group. Try to find a professional pond builder, show them the picture and see if they can give you an idea of cost.

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and advice. I have managed to get a picture on a different thread (How much?). Looking forward to seeking advice from fellow pond owners.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awelcomerest.gif
Dan, glad you found us and looking forward to the photo's of the pond you would like to build.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Welcome aboard! I wish I could help you on cost but the UK is going to be very different than the US, also what are you planning, Pumps, skimmers, filtration, depth, landscaping, plants, fish, and decorations can all greatly impact cost. A ball park figure for a 2500 gallon DYI pond here is about $1000. Give or take a few hundred.....LOL

Reaction score
Fishin, thanks for taking the time to reply! Im sure the us is completely different from the uk, i bet its a lot cheaper as we get hammered with value added tax! Its going to be a simple pond!, around 4500 litres built up from the floor using breeze block and 19th century reclaimed bricks! Im going to have a pump capable of 4500/hr with a uv bio filter of similar capability!! Fish wise will be koi carp (if i get my way) with goldfish and possibly a grass carp or two!! We are revamping the whole garden, which isnt big, with the first task is the pond!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That would be around 1100 gallons, if you want koi keep the numbers down and have great filtration and water flow. They need lots of room to grow right, good water etc. A lot more fussy than goldfish about their water.

Ask a Question