Protect pond from toddler

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
My toddler likes to throw small pieces of gravel into our koi pond. He also likes to "feed the fish" with water from the sink. Is there a way to protect the pond with a material other than wires?
Thanks in advance

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have you considered a fence? Also, I see this as a good opportunity to educate your child about nature and what is and what isn't appropriate behavior, as I assume that there is always a parent present when the child is near the pond. BTW, a handful or 2 of tap water seems harmless -- he just wants to help.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to the group. A bit of tap water won't harm the pond. Like TM states. A bit of gravel won't harm it,

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My great grandson loves my pond ,
100_9356.JPG
but he already knows right from wrong and he is only a little over a year old .He takes my hand to head out to the pond .he knows how to feed them already .he takes a few pellets and puts his hand down to the fish .I have to get a video it is so cute .

Ask a Question