pssst... hey you, wanna see some pics?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the pond looks like it does every year... waiting for it to "fill in".
PTDC0002.JPG PTDC0003.JPG PTDC0004.JPG
PTDC0005.JPG PTDC0006.JPG PTDC0007.JPG
PTDC0008.JPG PTDC0010.JPG

Reaction score
It looks great as is, even if it hasnt filled in yet!

BTW, do you have some kind of basket under your water fall?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
HTH....nope... ive got 2 more pumps!... one of which, will be installed soon. as usual venturied into the top of the filter for aeration and added circulation. but i do have a couple small air pumps too.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
That is what I'm doing too, Waiting for everything to fill in, my Koi have gone nuts on the lilies this year, I think I'm going to have to go about protecting them with some netting and floating rings next year. I have one, thats right ONE lily pad at the surface, and that's assuming they didn't attack it today while I'm at work. but my irises, lettuce and hyacinths are coming along nicely.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i order my hyacinths from ebay..tried a different seller this time...I'M NOT IMPRESSED!.. i may order more from my usual seller.

Reaction score
Ummm ... who did you order from? I have someone new bookmarked, as the folks I got them from last year dont have any listings ...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
jvideotours.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/181142230661?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
i didnt one anywhere near 8" wide... puny sized. waited 8 days for them. live and learn. my uisual person had an add for 22 plants $33.00 free ship. i waited to buy. too late! i saw no more adds from them. this guy has good feedback on his hyacinth sales so i figured i'd give him a try. maybe we bought from the same people... seller name started with an "A". cant recall name.

had to look..."i believe" now shes (aquamomma) got an add... been very happy with her... http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-FLOATING...053?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3368d6dd first one on list... figures!!!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I've been getting mine just from the hy-vee garden center the last couple of years, its the only place around here that carries them. But this year they look horrible, my fiance said "are those even going to survive? i wouldn't pay money for plants that looked like that"
I bought them anyway :) I'm impatient

Reaction score
I went back through my purchases from last year, and the seller I used then was http://myworld.ebay.com/aaa-discount-sports-and-outdoors ... they do have some auctions now, but nothing bigger than 50 counts I was going to email them to ask if they'd post a bigger auction like I got last year (200 WH for $180 w/free ship), but looking at their feedback, not going to bother.

I saw the one you ordered from, but was scared off by wild harvest ... I'll shoot aquamomma a note to see what she can do for larger quanities. Started with 250 last year (two purchases, the first one had issues with the order and wouldnt buy from again) ... think 200 would be ideal for this year.

Reaction score
KG -

Very nice - my waterlilies are filling in slowly this year as well. I think the weather has been colder than normal.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
capewind said:
I went back through my purchases from last year, and the seller I used then was http://myworld.ebay.com/aaa-discount-sports-and-outdoors ... they do have some auctions now, but nothing bigger than 50 counts I was going to email them to ask if they'd post a bigger auction like I got last year (200 WH for $180 w/free ship), but looking at their feedback, not going to bother.

I saw the one you ordered from, but was scared off by wild harvest ... I'll shoot aquamomma a note to see what she can do for larger quanities. Started with 250 last year (two purchases, the first one had issues with the order and wouldnt buy from again) ... think 200 would be ideal for this year.
Wow! you start off with a LOT of plants! I started off with 2 water lettuce last year, and was giving them away by early July. This year is a little slow going as we have had such a cold rainy spring, So maybe I should have started with more than 2 water lettuce and 2 hyacinth, but I'm sure by the end of July I will be tossing them out again.

Ask a Question