Pump and Pressurized Filter Kit - Aquascape, Laguna or ?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I am looking to replace my submersible filter system with a pressurized filter system. I have a small 425 gallon raised pond now, but would like to build one 2-3 times this size next season, but that is not definite. The present pond has no water features, and if I build a new one, it might have something like an antique pitcher pump to which I would divert only a portion of the flow.

I need some advice/recommendations from some those of you who are more experienced. I have been looking at 2 pump/pressurized filter kits and want to know which might be better for me...or, should I be looking at something else? (A different "kit" or "this pump and that filter")

Aquascape - UltraKlean 1500 Filtration Kit (2000 Pressure Filter & AquaForce 1000 Pump, Tubing & Clamps) - NEW IMPROVED FILTER MODEL - 95058
http://www.123ponds.com/95058.html
aquascape.gif

Laguna - Pressure-Flo PF2000 w/13 Watt UVC Filter & Pump Kit ( PT1726 & PT8236 ) Generation II - PT1742
http://www.123ponds.com/pt1742.html
untitled.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I have a friend with a koi pond and she runs two of the laguna kits and loves them. She said always buy more filter, then you think you'll need....never hurts to be over filtered....but she has koi.

I personally used an Easy Pro for years and it was fine.

Make sure parts are readily accessible, as you'll need to replace seals, pads and UV bulbs from time to time.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've seen the Aquascape Ultraklean in person and it seemed easy to use - but I've never used a pressurized filter myself, so I've nothing to compare to. But they are a local company for me, so if I were choosing, I would choose the AS model.

I'll be interested to hear what others say - and can't wait to see your pond rebuild... because we all know it's coming!

Ask a Question